Tuesday 9 October 2012

Target Audience

The target audience for my documentary can be any gender. It is not targeted to either male or female as it has a subject preference for both genders. Although I would say because of the fact it is a documentary it is more likely to be watched by females, putting it into a percentage I would say 65% females and 35% males. Also , although Facebook is more used my a younger audience of teenagers looking at the respects of a general audience for documentaries it will more than likely be viewed by an older audience because for young teenagers documentaries do not meet their standards of entertainment. Therefore it is more aimed at late teenagers/adults between the ages of 18 and 30. It will also be aimed at those who have and enjoy Facebook or are against Facebook which is something that will be covered within the documentary.  Looking at the class for my target audience I would say it is more likely to be viewed by the lower middle class. The reasons for this are because documentaries are a more educational aspect of television which is associated more with the middle class.  However the class is lowered because the topic for my documentary is about Facebook. Because Facebook is not exclusive and is of high access to everyone that then makes it working class.  Therefor my documentary is suited for the lower middle class. Documentaries are seen as coming from a more educational background as in most cases the purpose of documentaries is too inform with an element of entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment